Modern life is stressful. We become overstimulated, get less sleep and run on overdrive to meet the demands on our time. At times, we may undergo a major stressful life event, such as a breakup, death or accident. When things start to fall apart, people often reach for stimulants like coffee and sugar to get them through.
This is the perfect scenario for adrenal fatigue.
The adrenal glands are two walnut sized endocrine organs at the top of your kidneys. They produce hormones, including cortisol and aldosterone, that your body uses to maintain internal processes like metabolism and the fight or flight response.
Key signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue are:
- Difficulty waking up in the morning / fatigue not relieved by sleep
- Salt or salty food cravings
- Lethargy / increased effort to accomplish tasks
- Decreased sex drive
- Decreased ability to handle stress
- Dizziness when standing up quickly
- Mild depression / lack of joy
- Poor concentration / poor memory
We will help you to feel well again by assessing your individual needs and recommending adjustments to your diet and lifestyle which recognise that thyroid, digestive and methylation issues are often interlinked.
For example, we can help you to regulate your blood sugar, ensure adequate rest, assess food sensitivities, and recommend targeted vitamin/mineral therapy or herbal medicine that works for you.